Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Saturday, September 4, 2010

August 25, 2010 email

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elizabeth Wood
Date: Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Hi.
To: "Wood, Gary E"


OK so I should have a lot of letters waiting for me at the mission home. Sounds like a great day. Aww that's next week! Awww crazy! My spanish is... well, it's kinda there. It's not as good as I wish it were, but I've been reminded it takes about 4 to 6 months to learn the language. So I'm just trying to make myself speak because the more you speak the more you learn. Lima is starting to grow on me and I would send you pictures but I have not received any pictures yet from you guys, so you are just going to have to steal Steph's camera and take pictures and send them so I can send you more. My friend right next to me got a picture of her cat!!! Let's see here- it was been cold and overcast, or its called inversion. I have now gained a cold from it. But today there is sunshine yeah!!!! Oh so you need to say Happy Birthday to Uncle Matt for me and also tell him that my CCM mission pres. here is Matt's mission president from his mission in Mexico. Pres Whetten and Hna Whetten, they remember him and they say hi. Oh I have Miley Cyrus in my head because it was playing on the bus on the way to the temple. Those buses are crazy! The driver was playing a cd of hers. So this is my last week here! This time next week I don't know what I'll be doing or where I'll be. Hopefully it'll be like Disneyland and I will have lots of mail or maybe I will have none who knows out here. Oh, Trish wrote me on dearelder.com- tell her I got it and thanks! It made my day since it was the first physical letter I've received while being here. My district leader was very happy to give it to me since we all keep tabs on who has gotten letters and who hasn't. OK I love you guys and hope all is well with everyone. Keep reading those scriptures. Oh, have a crazy story to tell you about witches. My teacher said that when he was on his mission he and his companion ran into a man who believed in out-of-body experiences and that he had them. They asked more about it and he said he actually had been in their apartment. They asked what was in there apartment like, and he said one missionary was messy and the other was very neat with there were things which were true. Then the missionaries said they would rearrange everything and see if he could see what was moved. So they did, but then they talked to their mission pres. about it and the mission pres said to put their garments on the windows and doors, so they did. The next day the missionaries talked to this guy again to see if he could get into their apartment. He said he tried but there was something in the way that wouldn't let him in. Crazy!!! Temples are amesome and I'm learning about the protection there really is in the temple! Love you guys much! Love Hermana Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment