Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14 email

Hola Familia!!
Well they're in! Travel plans that is.  We got our travel itinerary this week.  We leave Salt Lake at 8:25 am and have a 3 hour lay over in Atlanta, GA.  We get there at about 2:10 pm, then we leave GA for Lima, Peru at 5:05 and land at 10:50 pm.  Wow, what a long day!  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I met a teacher here that went to the Peru CCM on her mission and she said it was awesome and the food is great Peruvian food, so I'm excitedfor that.  This week we had Dallin H Oaks and his wife at our Sunday night fireside.  He was there actually to watch his daughter perform.  She is an accomplished violinist and she put on a musical fireside for us.  It was very nice. Last night we had a member of the Quorum of the Seventy talk to us for our devotional.  It was Ronald T Halverson, he talked about following the spirit and being committed to the work.  I got your letters and am excited to get a package!  I hope it comes in Monday.  Everything here is good.  My Spanish still isn't great, but tell Jeff Reynolds thanks for the letter in Spanish.  I had to laugh, then get my dictionary, but I was grateful for the challenge.  Tell Cathy & Bobby that I miss them lots.  You should send me pictures of you guys!  Well, I have like 2 mins left on this computer before I'm timed out, so I'll write to you soon if I think of more to say when I'm not rushed.

Love, Hermanda Wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment