Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Monday, September 13, 2010

Emails to mom & dad - Prep Day has changed to Mondays

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 10:20 AM
To: Wood, Gary E

Can you send me some nylons, oh and some American candy? This week we are getting an investigator for baptism; she is really excited. We are also teaching a couple families. I think that is my favortie part- teaching families. Hey, Dad, thanks for teaching me to love the Bible because it pays off down here. I'm glad I understand the history of the Bible as much as the spiritual aspects of the Bible. I love you all and miss ya. A guy in church has a Diamondback baseball hat and it made me smile. I tried to compliment him on it but my Spanish is terrible and he didn't understand completely, but it was cool nontheless. Also another guy was wearing a Nebraska Corn Huskers shirt. I'm realizing that people have no idea what their shirts say here; a lot of them are in English and don't wear it based on understanding the symbols or anything like that. But for me, I just smile now. Well, say Happy Birthday to Uncle Ken for me; it's in a couple of days.

To mom on 9/13/10:
Oh, I wanted to know if you could send me the chili con carne recipe to me. I love you all, I hope all is well, I hope you write soon. Mom, I got all your dearelder.com letters and I got a card from Uncle Mike's fam and a letter from BJ Hills, but so far that's it- but thanks for the letters! Keep sending them. I sent a longer letter to Dad, have him forward it you. I love you and say Hola to Jeff for me, and Theresa and Cathy and Bobby and Steph and Jenni and Josh and Madi and Brody and everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment