Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Email - July 22, 2010

Hola familia!

Volleyball Court
Well we made it down to Peru; we are alive! So far the food has been good, different but very good. We arrived this morning about 2am- yeah so much fun! But actually for me it was really cool on the plane because they bumped four in our party to the business elite section of the plane and my seat was one of the four somehow! It was so awesome! I´ll never be able to fly coach again. It was very nice though; I could lay my whole seat down and sleep if I wanted to. The food on the plane was terrible though. Im so glad to be off the plane after a whole day of it. Let's see, the CCM is so much smaller than the MTC in Provo. My companion is from Ariquipa Peru, so she doesn't speak English, but she is very nice and helps me with Spanish and tries to understand me even when I speak english. We dont spend much time with our companions though since our languages are different. We don't have class together; we eat meals together and have gym together, and I think we have companion study together, that should go well. We get to go to the temple on Tuesday and on Wed there is a big Peru Independence Day celebration, so we get to try all sorts of different Peruvian foods that day. The mission president is from the US and he holds some meetings for us in English so we wont be completely lost. The learning curve to learn Spanish it so steep that it is hard to keep up. But it's worth the effort. Oh, Steph should see the soccer field they have here. First off there are two little basketball courts, a little place to play football, a sand volleyball court, and one very pampered soccer field! I will have to take a picture for you all. Ok well, I love you all and was happy to talk to all I got to talk to yesterday on the phone. I wish I culd have talked longer and to more people. I hope all this made sense. Again, I love you lots and I'll talk to you soon. Dear Elder still works out here too, so done't forget to write me. Love, Hermana Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment