Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Email - July 27, 2010

Hola familia,
Life here is good so far. Today was Independence Day in Peru so we had P-Day moved to today and so I get to write to you all. Next week will go back to normal. Let's see, so far on Friday was the first day of normal classes and in the middle of class in the afternoon our teacher suffered a seizure. It was so crazy! I think he has that as a common enough occurance or something because no medical personnel was called and he returned after dinner to continue to teach! It was crazy! This week that same teacher is completely fine. Today was the first time I got to go to the temple in a month and I had to wear headphones and a translater to understand, but I did the other part in Spanish without much help. The food here is crazy but good, But I don't like the drinks becuase there is a bunch of pulp stuff in it. So far I have no problems going to the bathroom, but I have heard of some elders and sisters having problems. Actually the other night the sisters had a Milk of Magnesia party. I didn't participate because I didn't need to. Let's see. So I may have an obstructed eye duct. The bottom right side of my left eyelid has been swollen and red and just bad. So I talked to the mission president's wife and she talked to the doctor who gave me eye drops because we thought it might be a sty, but then nothing happened. So then the doctor looked at my eye and he thought maybe just an infection and precriped me Cipro. Well today he looked at it again and he thinks it's an obstructed eye duct becuse my eye looks like an infection has lessened but there's still somehting going on with my eyelid. The doctor wants me to go to the eye doctor to have it checked. Oh goodie. Anyway pray my eye gets better as well as my Spanish. I love you all!! I wish I had been able to talk to you all on the phone. You guys better write me soon!!! I'm dying to hear from you all.

1 comment:

  1. You are in our prayers! I had an infected eye duct thing in my eyelid once. It looks really ugly. So sorry sweetie!

    ReplyDelete