Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Friday, July 9, 2010

July 2 Letter

Hola Familia!  This week has been physically exhausting!  Let's see, let's start with what happened after I was stolen by the missionaries.  First I was taken to my room by my host sister, then I was quickly wisked away to "check in", I confirmed I was here, got my pic taken, got my name tag, books, then taken straight to class!  It was crazy!  Then we had a big meeeting with the MTC mission president.  There they discussed obedience! obedience! obedience!  These last couple of days we have been focused on learning how to pray in Spanish and how to bear my testimoy. It is amazing how the spirit works in learning a language!  I have taken spanish classes, but I feel like some of what I have learned before is being brought back to some remembrance, but clearly my spelling is terrible in English.  (That's okay, Beth, Mom will take care of that!)We are also learning to recognize, with the spirit's help, what people need, or recognize what a person is looking for in their lives.  It's amazing and the spirit is so strong here, but it is not easy.  I feel I have so much to learn so fast, once we are in Peru I hope I have picked up enough Spanish to understand and communicate in espanol to my companion.  Yike!  Pray for me!
Okay, something I need from you guys is mucho letters!!! I feel lonely out here and would like support.  I know I am here for a reason and I feel like I know I am supposed to be here. I know God loves you and is mindful of you all.  I love you and miss ya!  Love, Hermana Wood
P.S. My estimated departure is July 21st (for Peru).

No comments:

Post a Comment