Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Friday, November 26, 2010

November 1, 2010

OK, so this week was no different. Yesterday we had a huge rain storm so that was interesting; and today we have no water, so we went to the other hermanas place. Baptism this week in the park the other day. Some religion was having a power point about the truth about Halloween and the bad things of it, lol. I laughed. Then yesterday in church a cell phone went off with the ring tone of Sean Kingston, "Somebody call 911".  As for the work here, life is rough. We teach, but people right now aren't keeping commitments, plus we had a festival for Señor de Burgos here (that is the saint of Huanuco), so that was fun. It's starting to become difficult to remember to write in English. I feel silly because I've had to erase a couple things because the sentance was in Spanish. I think my dream last night was in spanish too, it was strange. It was acually about one of our inversigators. We are teaching him and his wife and he has a hard time having faith in answers from God and with the Book of Mormon. Let's see, what else? Yesterday we had two lunches because we had an appointment before our actual lunch date with another member and when you tell a member that you are only there for a visit they still want to feed you. So my companion says ok, but just a little. Well, with food here a little is a lot! So we had way too much food and I felt sick for a few hours. So tell me about Halloween. It's not very big here, but there were some trick or treaters until the big rain storm came. I drew a pumkin face on an orange in my apartment to celebrate. Well, I want to see pictures of costumes. Love you all. Hermana Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment