Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Monday, November 22, 2010

October 25, 2010

Hey everybody!

Things here are good still, getting eaten by mosquitoes when I forget my repellent. One day I´ll learn, lol. I got letters from Mom and Les today, so thank you for those! Tell Les so far I haven't eaten anything that was strange. He told me Austin told him that Pumpkin Soup is good until you find out it's made of pumpkins and Les said Yeah, it's kinda like eating rice and chicken heads until you learn you're eating chicken heads and then asked if I ever had that experience yet. For me, nope; but then I don't ask what I'm eating. I don't want to know sometimes or ever - lol. But here they have a purple corn chicha morada and I think it is terrible, but they make a drink out of it, and a soup that is awful, and so every time someone gives me something that is a purple drink or soup my stomach cringes. Probably won't be able to drink grape soda for a while. Sounds like U of A is doing awesome! I hope homecoming went well. And Dad says that basketball is starting, that sounds good. I hope the Suns do well. Sounds like everyone is on the move there. This week we had another baptism, it was very nice. This area is beautiful minus the mosquitoes, but has proved to be more challenging than my old area. Or maybe I just understand more - lol. There are many Catholicos y 7th Day Adventists and Jehovah Witnesses. Mucho faiths but we keep trying to meet people. I finally finished Jesus the Christ. It was an awesome book; read it if you haven't yet. Oh, last week we went for a hike as a zone to a little waterfall. It was awesome because in the middle of the hike I realized I was hiking in the Andes! How cool! People only dream of this stuff and I'm living it! Tell Josh sorry, no Machu Piccu. Oh, and tell Jenni Happy Birthday! I hope it's a good one. Tell her I'm thinking of her and the kids, too. well, I love you and I will hopefully hear more from you all soon! Love, Hna Wood
Oh tell Dad to say Hi to Uncle Grant and Uncle Wayne for me! Oh, and Laura and Aunt Suzanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment