Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Monday, November 22, 2010

October 4, 2010

My companion is ok, she doesn't really explain a lot to me and she seems to get annoyed when I need her to speak slower because when I ask her to she rolls her eyes and talks at me like I'm 5. So I just stopped asking her and when I don't understand something she knows because I'm usually just standing there staring at her. She's nice and tells me she loves me all the time, but the rest I don't understand. She can speak English some, so I just let her speak in English the best she can. She goes home next week; her year and a half is over. My pensionista is awesome! She cooks for us, she washes our clothes and is more like a mom\friend than anyone in the mission. She also irons my clothes for me. None of the other pensions do that, and if we are late for meals she doesn't care, she just makes us food. I heard from the other elders they aren't so lucky. If they are late because of an appointment, no food. Que triste. Her name is Mamà Mirna. And her family is great too. The missionaries just kinda become part of the family in a sense. Her husband is a returned missionary, he served in Uruguay and he's pretty cool. He speaks some English too, so he translates some things I don't understand. Yeah, I have been spoiled with my pension. I'm sure I will miss her and the family when I have to leave this area. I hope you have a good time at conference. This week was elections in Peru, so no conference until next week. Not much else happening here. I love you guys and I´ll talk at you next Monday. Hey have Steph and other members of the family email me. Yeah, they have to forward it to you first and you can forward it to me, but I miss hearing from my sisters and brother too. Te amo muchisimo! Hermana Wood
Oh, tell Jeff in the office that I was going through my old letters and I found his and it was funny how much more I understood the letter now than I did two months ago. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment