Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Monday, November 22, 2010

October 18, 2010

Hola familia! Como estan! Things here are good. Right now I'm in the the area of Huanaco which is south of Lima and is much smaller, which I like. My companion is Hna Salazar de Guatamala. She is awesome. So I have some sad news to tell you, though. I don't have pictures of anything. My camara was stolen on a bus somewhere in Lima last Monday, so entonces. I hope you kept all the pictures I sent you, hopefully on a memoria card. If you don't know how ask Stephanie maybe- lol. Other than that I'm fine. I received my card in the mail today so I can purchase another camara here. Oh, there are like a million mesquitos here and I hate them - no soy comida! But they think my legs are. I have repellent and I now carry it everywhere with me. Oh, I'm now in an area with Hna Roberts, one of my first comps from Provo. Ok, about here: it's a desert, but I guess they are just waiting for the rainy season? No sè, then the mountains become really green. It's really cool - I live in the Andes! My Spanish is coming; I'm understanding more, but my speaking is still slow. My comp helps me a lot. I had to give a talk in church this week, that went alright. I mostly read scriptures so the people could understand! jaja. We also had a baptsim this week, that was nice and cool.  No I haven't eaten anything too strange. I miss my old pensionista because this one cooks differently. Like the other day I had choufa (fried rice) for breakfast. I miss beans. I love you all and I miss you more than beans lol. I'm sure the house is crazy! I love you all- Hermana Wood

Oh dad, how's the football going? I'm in Huanaco now. I live on Perdo Arrozo y Buenos Aires. Look that up =). It's really pretty here, I'm learning to love the culture and to understand the people better. Also I'm learning how amazing the scriptures are. Almost everything is in there! I'm learning lots! I hope you enjoyed conference. I hope you are still saving money for Disneyland and all the hamburgers that I want to eat when I get home, jaja. The climate here is pretty warm right now, so I'm not worried about warm weather anymore, jaja. I love you Papà and I hope things are well. I know, probably crazy, but I pray for you. Love, Hermana Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment