Beth Wood - Peru Lima East Mission

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths." (Proverbs 3: 5 & 6)







Friday, November 26, 2010

November 15, 2010

Yeah, the "wako" story is hilarious. The lady that ran out of her store is my favorite part. I laughed when it happened. It was funny to me. My companion is from Guatamala and she's never had one in her city; that's why she didn't know what it was. We just started teaching a lady named Rocio; it makes me like her more -lol. As for Brody, it's nice that he's easy going. I hope you show him pictures of me, and I hope he can walk soon with everyone holding him. We teach this one guy who has a niece who is 3 who can't really talk. She just makes noises and she can't sound out words. I have great hopes for that Madisyn and the church. Starting to pray! Alright! Let's see. This week has been a continual struggle with the work, but it continues just the same. Oh, before I forget, say happy birthday to Uncle Jeff for me and Cousin Marlayna and Aunt Amanda de Ken. I loved the photos, now I just need to buy a usb to save them on. I have a cd to save them, but this computer doesn't read cd's, so yeah! Just think - this time next year I'll be in my last change and getting ready to come home - wow. Today is exactly 4 and half months. It feels silly, but I really want to go to Disneyland; probably because they shoot off fire crackers like everyday here somewhere, and every other week or month is some fiesta of the Santo of Huanuco. Ask Dad how to talk to Catholics; there are like a million of them and all I want to say is, "Honestly, who started your church?" I'm studying the Old Testament right now and loving it. I love seeing how God has a plan for all things and always keeps his promises. I'm  starting to understand so much of why some things are the way they are and what a grand blessing it is to also have the Book of Mormon and modern prophets and apostles to help us in these days! I love you and miss you all. Keep writing those letters.  Oh, tell Steph she makes a very chevere (cool) pumpkin. And tell everyone there the church is true because it is. And tell Dad I got his letter - I'm excited for U of A; they are doing well, and congrats on his golf tournament (wow, that's a hard word to spell these days). OH, this week we had a conference with Elder Nash, our area general authority. It was awesome! He is an awesome guy and his wife is great too. Both gave me very encouraging words and it was nice to have a general authority. Good luck with conference there. Tell bobby I love him and miss him like crazy! Tell Theresa I love her, and Cathy too, and Jeni and Steph and I guess Josh, lol. I love them all and miss em´ and have no picture of Machu Picchu disculpame por favor. I love you and may God bless you. Keep the commandments! lol Love, Hermana Wood


P.S.  Tell Fia that I'm happy for her and that I'm teaching people here in Peru the few Samoan words I know - lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment